Aveda Store Managers are passionate about hair and the Aveda mission and translate this passion to our guests.
We work as members of an Experience Center team to share beauty, wellness and fashion - all through the power of touch.
As a Store Manager at Summit Mall you will be leading a team of highly talented Aveda Advisors to achieve sales goals and carry out our mission to the guests we serve.
Additionally you will plan and initiate monthly business driving events to draw in new and existing guests.
- Responsible for the individual and team results related to sales, service, and rituals.
- Communicate with all levels of company stakeholders with regards to store results, events, and the team environment on a weekly basis.
- Develop clear, measurable goals and timelines for the individual and team based on company goals and productivity.
- Create new business-driving modalities for providing products and services to internal and external customers.
- Build relationships with salon/spa partners and utilize their talent in the experience center.
- Ensure that sell-through goals are consistently met each period. Communicate individual productivity. Utilizes statistics to coach accountability.
- Leadership on sales floor a minimum of 80% of the work week in order to lead the team in service and sales activities.
- Recruit, hire, train, orientate and supervise all in store employees on product knowledge, launches and events.
- Responsible for the ongoing development for each member of the team. This includes daily coaching in the moment and formal monthly touch base session with each employee for their continued performance growth.
- Ensure all employees are attending all mandatory meetings and educational trainings.
- Provide leadership with a positive attitude, high energy to the team and guests.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and expectations. Maintain a cohesive, cooperative environment through team building and motivation.
- Conduct and complete team member reviews on time and provide timely feedback to the team, necessary for their growth and development.
- Encourage and listen to team members' ideas and suggestions for improving business and results.
- Support career advancement in the team by developing and coaching their talents.
- Plan and initiate monthly business driving events to draw in new and existing guest.
- Execute monthly merchandising initiatives in the store.
- Administer the yearly inventory and quarterly cycle counts for the store. Manage, process, and report results.
- Oversee that Assistant Team Lead and team are ensuing neat, clean, and organized selling floor, stock room, and office area.
- Write weekly schedule that best meets the needs of the business and stays within the limits of payroll budget.
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the experience center.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Education and Experience: High School Degree. 3-5 years customer service experience. Previous retail experience in the Beauty Industry preferred. Previous management in a retail store a plus
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Spa Biz Point of sale a plus
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
- Communication and Interactions: Daily interactions with customers/guests and all levels of staff.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to stand and walk
- Ability to talk and hear
- Clear vision at close and mid distances
- Color vision (able to distinguish colors)
- Manual dexterity to operate general office equipment, such as phone, computer, printer, scanner, copy machine and fax.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds consistently and 50 pounds occasionally
- Office environment (controlled climate).
- Exposure to hair and skin care products and hair chemicals